Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In which my brain explodes thinking about how many things I have to do.

Hello everyone. It has come to my attention (through an annoying person who apparently often checks my blog for new posts) that I haven't blogged in a week. SEE?! This is me blogging.

I have survived the journey from Mexico back home. In case you guys were wondering.

I am also suddenly busy. It would seem that Romeo and Juliet is running at us. The performances are in less than three weeks. Good golly.

My brain is exploding with homework and reading all these books and blogs (good golly I'm so far behind).

I also have to make dinner tonight! I'm making chicken fried rice and it is delicious. I was supposed to make it in Mexico, but I got hit in the face with a frisbee. It hurt. A lot. I've still got the remnants of a bruise, but it's mostly gone. :D

I didn't have school today and tomorrow I don't have to go in until noon and eleven the next day. It was pretty boss.

I finished the book A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn. Alex Flinn, if you didn't know is the author of Beastly, which I read a few years ago and now the movie's coming out and Friday and I'm really excited because I loved that book and the Olsen twin that's in the movie looks fabulous. Also Neil Patrick Harris. He's in this movie. He's Kyle's blind tutor. He's awesome and I want to steal him and keep him in my closet he's so amazing.

Back to A Kiss in Time. It was horrible. It read kinda like it was meant for a ten year old but the content wasn't stuff you'd read at ten. Jell-o shots, almost rape, kissing passed out chicks, y'know. The stuff you want your fifth grader reading. It was a good story, just written horribly. Beastly was better. Why was it written horribly? The last sentence of every chapter was just SO STUPID. For example...
  • I am free—at least for an hour!
  • My last thought as I hit the ground is, I should have listened to Lady Brooke.
  • "Woah!"
  • And that's when she screams.
  • I should have stayed with the tour!
  • Certainly not my father.
  • Then I hear a scream.
  • And then everything goes black.
  • Then everything goes from black to blacker.
  • The room is empty.
  • In the still, black nothingness, I return to sleep.
  • No chance but Jack.
  • Where is Jack?
Just about every chapter ends with a once sentence paragraph. Also an exclamation mark. It's horrible and sounds like a little kid's book. Also the name sounds like a trashy romance novel.

I must go make my dinner and be fabulous and dance around. I'll blog again eventually.

9 comments:

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

I know exactly how you feel! My brain is in danger of exploding too! As long as you can dance around and be fab, you're doing OK :)

Anonymous said...

By just reading those last sentences, the book most certainly doesn't seem very good. And I hope your face, er, recovers quickly. xD

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol yep I can relate to being that busy ;)

Lyn
W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

Carol Riggs said...

Thanks for the informative review! Interesting. Altho gulp, I'd better check the ends of my chapters and make sure I haven't ended with all one-liners! I've never thought of that. :D

Faith said...

Hrm... yeah, I don't think I'll be reading that one. I hope to read Beastly before I see the movie, but who knows!

Also, brain explosions tend to be a rather unfortunate thing. I do hope the imminent danger passes quickly and you get yourself caught up soon!

Anonymous said...

Busy can be a good thing! You'll catch up, it sounds like you've got a handle on things.

And that book? Just something I won't pick up I guess.

Theresa Milstein said...

Nice to meet you, crusader.

Welcome back from Mexico.

Susan Fields said...

Good luck with everything you've got going on! I feel like I'm constantly behind with my blogging, too.

Lyssa said...

DUDE. Neil Patrick Harris is in that movie? How did I not know this?!

Ahem. That book sounds awful - so you suggest "DO NOT READ in ANY circumstance"? "And then everything goes black" is such a cliche, and only really works when done well.