- Shoes are optional. However, there must be a layer between your feet and the ground. Duct taping the school newspaper to the bottoms of your feet is sufficient.
- You do not go to a good school unless it has swings in the front and you use them after school, between classes and whenever class gets out early.
- Telling the hall-monitor-type-person all about how your family likes to make pot brownies and the hilarity that ensues after is acceptable. He will make fun of you for a while afterwards, though.
- Writing 'SEX—now that I have your attention,' on a poster telling you to submit to the school's literary magazine is not only funny, but effective.
- It is normal for your teacher(s?) to draw a smiley face on the board, label it with your name and then hit it with a yard stick.
- Or instead of a smiley face, a tree labeled 'The Mighty Pipsqueak'.
- No one really looks twice when you see a teacher and a student racing down the hall on a cart full of laptops and a scooter, respectively.
- Watching anime during your free block is fun. Especially when three people walk over to you, ask what you're watching and recognize it and/or join in watching.
- A pizzarito is a mostly acceptable form of snack for forum. (Pizzarito: see the disfigured and disgusting cross between a pizza crust and a burrito filling. So much sour cream.)
- It is entertaining to pillage my classmates by running around in a longboat that we made at nine in the evening with my fellow vikings.
- Quidditch matches draw the attention of the entire school.
- If the theater director tells you to put the pot next to the beer and then screw in the pot, you do not question him.
- Haribo, a kiwi and chocolate are an acceptable lunch.
- People walking down the hall in a bear suit are often praised.
- Lady Gaga wins the talent show every time.
- Singing a two or more part song from Dr. Horrible is often met with people joining in the other parts and harmonizing.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
What important things have I learned after finishing two of my four years at an alternative high school?
Since I just finished my sophomore year a week ago, I figure now is a good point to make a list of all the important and amazing things I learned at my lovely institution of learning.