Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baseball bats and hula hoops are two things that should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Everyone knows that this weekend is Labor Day Weekend. I don't know if all those words should be capitalized and frankly, I don't really care. And on LABOR DAY WEEKEND, people barbecue. My family decided to have our barbecue tonight with all of their/our nerds that come over on Sundays to play D&D/Champions. They brought their FAMILIES.

I haven't seen the family people in a while, and it was like visiting my memories from when I was seven. Absolutely nothing has changed. For example...

We still go to the park near my house and run around giggling like a bunch of three year olds even though our youngest in the group of children is six or so and the oldest of us has just left for college.

We still have hula hooping contests in the front yard and time how long I can go for and when I'm just getting going, at six minutes Johnathan still comes at me with a baseball bat.

We still try and play hide and go seek and when it comes Krissy's turn to find people, she doesn't do anything.

Not that all of that stuff actually happened in the past, but similar things did occur.

Now I must rest for tonight is the last night before tomorrow. That really made no sense. I have to get up early for two reasons. One, Renaissance Festival. Two, I need to try and get back on a normal sleep schedule.

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE VILLAIN, GOSHDARNIT.

No comments: